Please carefully read this document concerning registration changes, refunds, waiver and release from liability BEFORE finalising your entry.
You may transfer your event registration to another person/team up until 4 weeks prior to the event.
You may transfer from one event to another up until 4 weeks prior to the event. Where there is a difference in registration entry fees, you will need to pay the difference in cost before the transfer will be completed.
An administration fee of $20.00 will apply and must be paid before the transfer can occur.
No transfers can be made within 4 weeks of the event.
All changes need to be advised to email@example.com. You must email the details of event, name, medical, emergency, age category.
Withdrawal before 4 weeks of the event – A refund of 50 per cent of the registration fee will be given to registrants who withdraw from the relevant event. Refunds will be given to the person who paid for the entry fee.
Withdrawal within 4 weeks of the event – No refund will be given.
You will not be able to transfer your registration to another TriMāori event if you withdraw from an event.
No registration merchandise (e.g. race number, towel) will be sent to registered people who do not show up for the event.
Waiver and Release
By entering any one of these events you agree to the terms and conditions below:
- I understand that participating in this event is potentially hazardous, and that I should not enter and participate unless I am medically able and properly trained.
- In consideration of the acceptance of this entry, I assume full and complete responsibility for any injury or accident which may occur while I am travelling to or from the event, during the event, or while I am on the premises of the event.
- I acknowledge that competitive triathlon and run/walk events involve the real risk of serious injury or even death from various causes including overexertion, equipment failure, dehydration, accidents with other competitors, spectators or road users, course or weather conditions and other causes.
- I also am aware of and assume all risks associated with participating in this event, including but not limited to falls, contact with other participants, effect of weather, traffic, and conditions of the road. I, for myself and my heirs and executors, hereby waive, release and forever discharge the Event Organisers, Race Director, sponsors/supporters, promoters and each of their agents, representatives, successors and assigns, including volunteers and all other persons associated with the event, for all my liabilities, claims, actions, or damages that I may have against them arising out of or in any way connected with my participation in this event.
- I understand that this waiver includes any claims, whether caused by negligence, the action or inaction of any of the above parties, or otherwise.
- I hereby grant full permission to any and all of the Event Organisers and others referred to in clause 4 above to use any photographs, videotapes, motion pictures, website images, recordings or any other record of this event, including my name, image and likeness before during or after the event for event promotional broadcasting/reporting purposes in any media.
- I understand that I should not compete in this event unless I have trained appropriately and my physical condition has been verified by a medical practitioner.
- By competing, I accept all risks necessarily flowing from my participation which could result in loss of life or permanent injury. Accordingly, I release all persons, and bodies corporate or unincorporate associated directly or indirectly with the conduct of the events, from all claims demands and proceedings arising out of my participation and I hereby indemnify them against all liability (including liability for their negligence and the negligence of others) for all injury, loss or damage arising out of or connected with my participation in this event. This release shall extend to and include the TriMāori Charitable Trust and its trustee, and the TriMāori Corporate Trustee Limited and its directors, and their respective partners, managers, officers, agents, contractors, employees and volunteers including medical and paramedical personnel appointed for the event, the owners, licensees and occupiers of land upon which the event or any part of it is conducted, any statutory body or local authority having control over any land upon which the event or any part of it is conducted or which is involved directly or indirectly with the event in any manner whatsoever and promoters, sponsors and event organisers. This release and indemnity continues forever and binds my heirs, executors, personal representative and assigns.
- I consent to receiving any medical treatment that the event organiser considers desirable during or after the event.
- Safety precautions undertaken by Event Organisers (such as course supervision, race safety briefings, and bicycle and helmet safety checks) are a service to me and other competitors but are not a guarantee of safety.
- I am fully responsible for the security of my personal possessions at the event.
- I will contact the Race Director of my medical or physical conditions from which I suffer that might affect my performance or be relevant if medical treatment is needed.
- I agree to abide by all race rules and directions issued by the Event Organisers and the Race Director.
- I acknowledge that by reason of circumstances beyond the control of the Event Organisers and the Race Director, it may become necessary or desirable to change the format of the event, and if that occurs, I consent to the changes and I agree that each and every of the conditions herein set out shall apply to that changed event.
- If the event is cancelled due to flood, cyclone, torrential rains or other ‘acts of God’ conditions or force majeure events, I understand my entry fee will not be refunded.
- I hereby certify that I will be sixteen (16) years of age by the 31st December or that I have parental/guardian consent to participate in any of the events.